- When you’re finished with your practice for the day, or if you take a break of a few minutes, you should clean your nib.
- Otherwise the ink will dry on the nib, form a crust and even rust after a while. You nib will last much longer if you do this.
- Wipe the nib, and clean it again in a water jar, then wipe it dry.
- If you’re done for the day, make sure to also take your nib out of the pen holder and clean the parts that you haven’t reached before.
- Always make sure not to bend your nib or hold it at the tines, especially with finer nibs this could easily destroy them.