- Some nibs, like the Brause Rose or the Brause EF66 are known for being a bit difficult when it comes to getting them to write.
- When the nib is loaded with ink, the ink doesn’t seem to leave the nib again.
- This doesn’t mean the nib is broken, in fact some nibs act like this all the time.
- Hold the nib in a vertical position, and make a little mark into the paper, just to get the ink flowing. The nib will work from there on.
- Another trick is to continue to write at a point where there is already wet ink.